
Churaumi Aquarium is AMAZING. This is the biggest tank there is, housing three huge whale sharks, among countless other ocean friends. The glass is 60 cm thick. It was incredible!

We visited the Himeyuri peace park, the site where students at a girls' school were trained to be nurses to attend to wounded soldiers during World War 2. Just beyond the flowers was the opening to a cave where many of them hid during battle. I learned a lot this day. It was one of those experiences you come away from changed, unable to speak.

Ryuku Glass! Isn't it beautiful?

The beaches were indescribably beautiful. I've never seen the ocean that color. I took about a bazillion pictures of it!

Shuri temple with Michi. She's a friend from Ibaraki that I went with, and we will definitely go back again. We had a great time!

1 comment:
Great to see those BEAUTIFUL pictures, Debi! The ocean was breathtaking!! We sure do love you a lot. Hopefully we can visit SOON. :) Lovelove
Post a Comment