Friday, October 22, 2010

flavors of Japan


I just found these at the grocery store near
my house and about did a back flip! The only other
place I've seen them was on a visit to a craft village
in Morioka last fall. Kinako Bou is kinako powder,
mochi, sugar (etc.) swirled into a twist of sweet,
kinako-y goodness!)


Imoyoukan (sweet potato, brown sugar and gelatin)
I have yet to get the balance just right, like the guy
at my favorite dango shop can!

ベーコンとさつまいものおにぎり

Sweet potato and bacon in an onigiri? Yes! I saw this picture while looking for
more sweet potato recipes and it made my jaw drop!!! Doesn't it look amazingly
oishii (delicious)?


Here's another favorite. Sakura mochi! The salted leaf
around the outside is from a cherry tree. The mochi is sweet,
as, of course, is the bean paste on the inside.


Kabocha is so delicious by itself, or with a little sugar and
soy sauce. Hmmm...there's been a theme in all of these....SWEET! :)

1 comment:

s&sjohnson08 said...

Debi!!! I love you tons and miss you even more!